Well Hello Internet!
Today i have a simple recipe for Sausage with Peppers and Onions. It’s very easy and fast to throw together for a good lunch, or dinner. Also it is good to eat with beer, as a good beer is one of the ingredients.
Here’s what you will need:
1 lb Sausages (Herondale Farm Sweet or Hot Italian!)
1 Red Pepper
1/2 teaspoon Herbs de Provence
1 pinch Fresh Rosemary
Good Beer. (maybe a cup) I used a Weihenstephaner.
1. Slice the onion and peppers so they are the same size. Open the Beer.
2. First Brown the sausages in a skillet, until they are nicely brown on all sides.
3. Using the same pan as for the sausages, heat the oil back up and add the onions and the peppers, and cook until they are a little brown. Add salt and pepper to taste, and a little herbs de provence (maybe 1/2 teaspoon), as well as the rosemary.
4. Add the sausages back to the pan, and just enough beer, so that the sausages are halfway covered. let simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until reduced 3/4 of the way down.
5. Serve on piece of baguette, with the rest of the beer.